Applications accepted until September 8th 2017. Apply below.
We are seeking an energetic person who is passionate about our mission to join our team as a Community Relations Manager. We are looking for someone who moves with poise among all sorts of people, values building authentic relationships, and navigates databases and applications with ease. You’ll build grassroots relationships with supporters of our ministry, help plan and execute key fundraising events, and identify priorities to leadership to ensure that our partners are actively engaged with—and very excited about—what God is doing through our work. This position is full-time from our Newport News Location.
- You’ll report to the Development Director and work closely with the whole team in inviting people to support our work
- You’ll work with a high degree of independence on the delivery of multiple relationships-related events throughout the year
- You’ll reach out to churches, businesses, and groups to help establish rooted relationships across Care Net Peninsula team members and the partners
- You’ll speak confidently in front of audiences and lead tours of our center to inform and excite potential supporters
- You’ll ensure stewardship and timely acknowledgment of gifts
- You’ll oversee volunteers who help with direct mail and communication projects
- You’ll maintain content within our supporter database and analyze trends
- You’ll work closely with the Development Director with scheduling and coordinating supporter-related interactions and reporting regularly to advise decision-making
- Must be a committed Christian with a consistent testimony and active in a local church
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in donor relations, customer service, project management or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and ability to turn around tasks in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft products
- Experience with fundraising and donor prospecting is a major plus
- You’re extremely organized and detail oriented. You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
- You take initiative. You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems that will help everyone do their job better. You love gathering and serving up information in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the team.
- You’re a great communicator. You are concise and operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds. You like meeting new people and finding out what makes them tick.
- You love mining and analyzing data. You enjoy cleaning, reconciling, entering, sorting and updating spreadsheets. You find joy uncovering relevant information to inform good decision-making.
- You work well with people. You have fantastic inter-personal skills. You have experience working in teams and possess the ability to navigate various team dynamics.